Monday, June 29, 2009

Food Posioning

Well its safe to say my weekend was a total wash out. On Friday DH had inventory until late in the evening, so I opted for a little take out from my favorite Greek restaurant. I treated myself to a little beef shawarma, Greek salad and babaganoush. I got home, gobbled it up, and settled down on the couch to watch Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants 2 (I mean when else can I watch these ridiculous girly movies??). After finishing the movie, I was pretty sleepy so I went to bed on the early side. Well I woke up at around 11pm, and felt extremely sick. I called DH since he still wasn't home to let him know I wasn't feeling well. From about 11pm until 4am I was terribly sick. DH got home around midnight and offered to take me to the hospital, but I didn't think that was really necissary. I felt bad for him b/c he didn't sleep at all and had to be back at work for inventory at 7am.

I slept a little bit Saturday morning, and then spent the rest of the day parked on the couch. My sister came by to keep me company. I ate a little bit but my stomach was still really upset. I talked to my Dr and she said it was most likely Ecoli from the spinach in my salad. Not good. Sunday I still wasn't feeling great but I had to get my final paper and presentation ready for my class tonight. So needless to say it was a pretty miserable weekend!

The good news is this week should pass fast since I am swamped at work, and this weekend I am going to visit my best friend in Atlanta! I am super excited to see her!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

9 comments:

bbjoys said...

Ugh, sorry to hear! I try to avoid foods that seem risky (raw fish, undercooked meat, etc.), but I would have never thought that spinach could make you sick.

Hope you're feeing better!

Shannon said...

Im so sorry to hear you got sick, yuck! I hope you continue to feel better!

Amy said...

Yuck. I'm sorry you were so sick! I hope you are feeling better.

Jessica said...

I have gotten food posioning before & it sucks. I am sorry you had to deal with that, but glad you are feeling better. Good luck with your presentation!!

Unknown said...

It sucks being sick, but I am glad you're feeling better :)

Buena said...

oh yikes! you had quite the weekend! hope you're feeling better.

Kristen said...

That sucks! I'm glad to hear it didn't last TOO long, but it still sucks a big one. Glad you are feeling better now.

Silvina said...

Oh gosh hun sorry to hear about that. I hope your feeling better.

Lulu said...

OH man, I am SOOO sorry. I can relate to food poisoning and it is the worst feeling ever. Poor thing!