So the Blockbuster down the road by my house is sadly going out of business. I am probably the last person in the world to not have Netflix account but I've always loved wondering the aisle of movies at the video store. The only good thing to come out of it however is that they are selling all their stock. Last night after a scrumptious dinner, my husband and I stopped by to see what we could find. I could not be more excited because I found the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice on their already picked over shelves. The A&E version is my absolute favorite version of this classic novel. This is probably because the 6 hours of film ensure that almost all the minute details that make the book so amazing are captured in the film. I'm so excited to finally own it, and for the bargain basement price of $4.99 I am sure I will get my monies worth!
We also were able to pick up Frost/Nixon, Blood Diamond, Dirty Dancing, Duplicity and Doubt. Its nice to infuse our DVD collection with some new blood. I've been getting really tired of what we had! I am going to try to go back today or tommorow with out DH, he got too impatient last night for me to look through everything.







2 comments:
OMG! i love the A&E Pride and Prejudice. it would be dangerous for me to own it because i have to have to watch it from beginning to end. i could easily melt some days away on that movie.
that is my number one top movie of all time! siiigh. :) what an awesome deal! i need to see if the blockbuster near my house is closing down. it oughta be...
Post a Comment