Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Life in cube land



The above picture closely resembles where I work. Cube-land as I like to call it. And the problem with cube-land is it makes it very hard to get anything of a personal nature done. We sometimes pretend like we can't hear everything our neighbor is saying, but the truth is if you are having a conversation with in a two cube radius of me I probably know exactly what you're saying.

My mom is a Dr, and has a friend/colleague who is an RE at our local fertility clinic. I looked up his information and was happy to see that their clinic had email contact info. Living in cube-land, email communication is key to getting personal things done. So last Friday, I sent in a "information request" from their clinic website. Within 2 minutes I got a response back from the clinic asking if this was a appointment for infertility and telling me that the Dr was in my preferred office location on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. So I quickly responded back that yes this is for infertility and Tuesday or Wednesday would be good (I asked for a mid October appt). Then nothing... no response. I emailed her yesterday to check in. Still no answer. So I guess I am going to have to take to my cell phone and the hallway in another attempt to make a appointment. Hopefully I will have good news to report soon!

5 comments:

bbjoys said...

Ugh, that's sort of annoying.

Luckily I don't work in a cube, but if there is ever other people in my office when I'm trying to get personal stuff taken care of, I just step out for a minute.

GL with getting an appointment!

Kristen said...

I hate that. I work on the 9th floor, and the elevator always stops on every floor, and I always park on the 5th floor of the parking garage, and everytime I have to talk to the RE I have to take like 5-10 minutes to get to my car with my cell phone, because there is nowhere in my office to have any privacy. Even the conference rooms are just cubes with doors. Very annoying!

Julia said...

Quit complaining and grab your phone! If you don't make the appointment I'm calling to make it for you from cube-land afar. ;)

Jessica said...

I hope they call you back soon. I hate waiting too...I feel like that's all we do when it comes to TTC.

susanc07 said...

OMG do you work at the same place as me? how depressing is that view?