Monday, September 13, 2010

Baby Furniture

So on Saturday my mom and I decided to go shopping for Baby furniture. I learned that apparently my taste in cribs has not kept up with the times. These days the convertible cribs are all the rage. We went to the store where all of my friends have bought their furniture, and all they had were these big heavy/chunky convertible cribs. I guess I see the appeal of having a bed for life, but given that the room which we are using as the nursery is on the smaller size, a large chunky crib just wasn't going to do it. So we headed home to look online. We finally found one we both liked:

It's Emelia by Restoration Hardware.

We'll probably also get the matching dresser also

We looked for bedding as well. I think we're going to go with Kate by Serena and Lily, but I'm not 100% sure on that yet.
 

I just can't decide if it will go with the crib, or if we should do something solid and more muted like shown with the crib on the Restoration Hardware site:



Thoughts and Opinions Welcome..

7 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful! I love the crib and the bedding. It's hard to tell if the bedding will go with the crib though so I can't offer any advice.

Caroline said...

I LOVE the emilia crib. The serena bedding is very trendy with the neon green so I'm not sure how well it will go with the soft french grey color of the crib.

Hopefully when the time comes for us to buy a crib this one will be available... I would buy the set asap. You have great taste!

Lindsay said...

Yeah, that was my concern. Too modern/bright for the bed.

nikinikinine said...

love the crib, love S&L, not sure if the S&L bedding goes with that crib. The green in that set is really bright, we got the Kate polka dotted crib sheet for our LO's cribs and it's pretty lime colored. That said not everything has to be matchy, you can buy what you like!!!

Happiness Is... said...

Gorgeous crib! I love all the Serena & Lily bedding - it's all so fun! That's actually the exact bedding a girl I went to college with picked. I think the crib calls for something a little more subtle/soft - the crib is really soft and refined and that bedding, while adorable, is a little louder. S&L makes lots of softer patterns, though...or you could always find fabric and get it made which is likely the same price as S&L. You can't go wrong with either, though - both are great!

Buena said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE HAVING A GIRL!!!!!! congratulations!! sending you lots of hug and love :)

Lindsey B said...

I absolutely adore your crib choice! I prefer the RH bedding with that crib. It seems more elegant and less trendy to me.