I can't remember if I've mentioned it before or not on here, but my mom is a Doctor. I called her once my OBGYN's nurse called me back because I was pretty upset. She was not taking no for an answer and started making calls. She called Dr. C based on the recommendation of one of her nurses who has delivered her last 2 children with him. She explained what was going on, and he immediately agreed to see me. Turns out he and his wife went to my RE and conceived both their children with him so he understands where I am.
So I went in to see him around 3pm. While I was in the waiting room my RE's office called me back and offered to see me tomorrow for a pelvic exam and U/S but I explained that I was at an OBGYNs to do just that, so I'm going to just see them next week for my final appointment. Dr. C's nurse took me back quickly and did an internal exam. He said everything looked and felt good but he did see some brown blood. Then he had me go get an ultrasound. The ultrasound tech was really thorough and took her time. They found a small subchorionic hemorrhage which they said is probably the cause of the bleeding. They said it is relatively small and should heal itself. He said I should anticipate some more bleeding. I am resting the rest of today and tomorrow, but he said that is more for my mental well being than it is medically necessary.
The ultrasound machine was different, so I was able to see some cool new views of the baby. It was also wiggling its little arms and legs which was really neat to see.
So it looks like I've found a new OBGYN. I have mixed emotions about leaving my old one. When I'm in the room with her, I love her. But her not seeing me today was the straw that broke the camel's back. I always have a hard time getting in to see her, and this is the third time I've felt blown off by her office. The good news is I feel really comfortable with Dr. C and look forward to seeing him again in 4 weeks.
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate them.
Abusive Relationship
9 years ago







9 comments:
Coolest picture ever! And so glad that the new doctor was more accomodating. I hope and pray that I don't have to deal with the same situation, as I agree with your decision....sad. I guess when you have such a large number of patients that you have to make some trade-offs which is disappointing b/c in your situation you really needed to get in to see them.
Oh man, my blog roll didn't update (I HATE when that happens) so I didn't know about the spotting. I am SO glad everything is ok and you were able to get in with a doctor. You may remember that I had a subchorionic hemorrhage that went away completely on its own by my 12 week u/s. Apparently they are quite common. I will be praying for you and your LO! Oh and that is SUCH a neat u/s photo! Wow, the detail at 9 weeks!
Love the picture!
I'm so glad you have found an OB that better understands what you have gone through to get to this point! Dr. C sounds wonderful!
And, I'm glad everything is looking good with the baby!
I was thinking about you and the LO in spin class tonight...I'm soooo glad everything turned out ok and that you found a more accomodating obgyn:)I puffy heart the photo!!!!!
P.S. Your mom rocks
Hahaha, yes my mom is the enforcer. I am just happy she got through to Dr. C because she was about 5 minutes from calling my old OBGYN and chewing her out (which would have been mortifying, and definitely meant I couldn't go back to her ;-)
As she puts it, when a patient has an emergency its not a matter of when she can see them, its a matter of how fast they can get to the office.
So glad to hear the LO is okay, SCH sound so scary. Glad you found a new OB too (and yay for dr. mom!)
You have a baby alien! Isn't it amazing how fast they develop? Glad things are still going good and that they found the source of the bleed!
I'm so glad everything is OK!! Great pic of the baby!!
So glad everything is okay. Now hit the couch and get your feet up! You have a lot of resting to do. Take care.
Post a Comment