Monday, May 17, 2010

Graduation Weekend

Getting ready before the unified commencement.

 
Me with friends from school after the unified commencement.

The weekend was so much fun! My older sister surprised me and came in town from NYC. One of my younger sisters and her BF came in town from ATL, and my stepmom drove it with my youngest sister. It was so great to have everyone together. Saturday I went to my monitoring appointment early and was able to make it down to the unified commencement in time to participate! I'm so happy I made it because it was a really great ceremony. Anderson Cooper gave a great commencement address which was \funny and touching. After the unified commencement ceremony, we went to a friend's house for brunch to celebrate before going to the second ceremony where I actually got my diploma. Saturday night we celebrated with dinner at my moms house and on Sunday my father hosted a great crawfish boil in my honor. It was such a great weekend.

This morning I went in for IUI#3. I had an important meeting at 9am, so I went in for my IUI at 11:30. I decided to take the rest of the day off work to rest. Let's hope lucky #3 does the trick!

DH and I have been talking a lot about what we're going to do if these IUIs don't work. We've always planned to only do 3 IUIs post-lap so if this one doesn't work, we've only got 1 more left before we move on to IVF. There is only 1 clinic in New Orleans and it doesn't have the best success rates for IVF. We are thinking about going out of state if we end up having to do IVF. We're looking at CCRM and CRMI. We are totally out of pocket for IF procedures, so we figure if we're going to spend the money to do IVF we might as well do it with the best. CCRM publishes their prices on the internet so we know its only about $2,000 more for the procedure itself than going to our local clinic which makes me even more inclined to go out of state. While the travel would add some costs, we have a family friend who lives in Denver so it would really only be airline costs. On the other hand, the nice thing about going with CRMI is that I have two sisters who live in new york so it would be a great excuse to spend time with them. I'd also have a free place to stay in NYC as well so it would just add airline cost to the equation. I need to email them to find out about their pricing. I've heard less about their program but do know its a well respected practice. I'd love to hear from anyone who has expereinces with either clinic.

4 comments:

Kate said...

So glad you made it to you graduation ceremonies after all. Congrats again! GL w/the 2ww for IUI #3! :)

nikinikinine said...

glad you made it to graduation! GL with IUI #3. I don't have experience with OOS clinics, but post this over on the IF board, a ton of girls have gone to both :) GL!!!

Jessica said...

Congrats on graduating!! I hope IUI #3 does the trick!!

Amy said...

I'm so happy you were able to make it to your graduation! How exciting! And so nice of all your family to come in for it. Praying that IUI#3 is it!!