Friday, April 16, 2010

Anxiety

I have a sister that suffers with anxiety and I've never really understood it. In my mind, if there is nothing really stressful going on, what do you have to be so anxious about? Well recently, I think I've learned what anxiety is all about. It started when I was up in IL for training. I would wake up in the morning really anxious for no reason. I didn't have anything to be really stressed about, nothing that I could pin point as the cause for my anxiety, yet I was really anxious. I thought it was probably just being in unfamiliar surroundings, and kinda brushed it off. I hoped that when I returned home, it would go away.

Wrong.

I don't know what is going on, but I am totally anxious all the time. I wake up completely stressed because I didn't sleep well due to being anxious about the coming day. Then I go to work, and am anxious all day long. I am in the middle of some very stressful stuff at work, but nothing that I can't reasonably handle. I just don't know how to shake this feeling of anxiousness. Its so frustrating. I haven't worked out all week because I've been so busy at work that I've needed to come in early so maybe that is the cause. But I just wish I could get it to stop. I'm going to try work out every morning next week. Maybe relieving some energy will help?

Anyone out there have any tips they'd care to share?

5 comments:

Kate said...

I've never been on medication for anxiety, so I recommend exercise and/or yoga. Both make a huge difference. GL! :-)

Jessica said...

I get anxiety too...especially about infertility. I write in a journal so I can get all the crap that is making me anxious out of my head. I also lay on the floor with my eyes closed and do deep breathing. It helps me a lot. I hope you find something that works to ease your anxiety.

Happiness Is... said...

Do you think it's the IUI subconsciously? I sometimes get "the racing mind" and the only thing that helps me is writing down what I have to do so that I regain a sense of control. In my experience, anxiety usually stems from somewhere deep down when we feel like we're losing control...which is why I am wondering if it is the circumstances. Maybe journaling would help? Church (have you been going since Pop Pop passed away)? Bath and wine?

I think it totally depends what helps you "unwind" and be most at peace with yourself and your life...but I think it's totally normal and that being aware of it is the first step.

Let me know if there's anything I can do! (((HUGS)))

nikinikinine said...

when I skip work outs my anxiety def. gets worse. I think it's just the IF stuff coming to a head. I notice I even have a harder time sleeping. GL!

Just Wishing and Hoping said...

Exercise really helps me. I found acupuncture to be really helpful too. It forced me to relax and think about nothing. I highly recommend it. When I was stressed about betas and lack of symptoms and what else, I wished I could go back and just lay on that table.