She was so stinkin cute.
When she and I moved to DC, it started a 16 month period where DH and I lived apart. Needless to say, Ella and I spent a lot of time together. She quickly stopped sleeping in her kennel, and started snuggling with me in bed. She learn very quickly that she was queen of the castle.
Eventually DH was able to get transferred to Washington, DC and we moved in together. Ella was pretty ticked at first that she had to share the bed with someone else. But eventually she warmed up to him, mainly because he let her do this:
She loved snuggling in his shirt.
So the 3 of us lived happily ever after for the next 3 years. We lived in DC. We lived in Maryland. We moved to New Orleans. We bought a house. All the while she was queen of the castle.
Then came the day when I was finally able to give DH what he's always wanted. A "man dog".
And let me tell you this, Ella was pissed. This rambunctious, big puppy had entered our little universe, and she was not happy about it. She has basically spent the last 2 years on the top of our couches out of Maggie's reach. She regularly snapped at maggie when she got too close, was never willing to share any of her toys, or play with maggie. I had resolved myself that they may never really get along. But recently something has changed. I'm happy to say, I think love is finally in the air.....
Last night, Ella actually snuggled with Maggie while she slept, instead of me. It was a monumental day.











3 comments:
OMG that is so stinkin' cute! I love when dogs cuddle!
AWWW!! Dogs are the best!
I have a special place in my heart for Ella - she is to you what Coco is to me. Thank goodness for cute puppies who will keep us company when we have to live apart from the men in our lives. And of course we too had the experience with a "man dog" entering the picture. So glad they are cuddling!
Post a Comment