Preface: for the OV watch to work, you must have 6 continuous hours of readings each day. Most people wear it while they sleep so you can get readings from midnight to 6 am each day.
So Friday night, I took off my OV watch in my sleep (let's hope I don't do this again!). I woke up at about 3:45am Saturday morning, realized what had happened and put it back on. When I finally really woke up, I realized the sensor was missing from the watch. It must have gotten detached when I took it off in my sleep. DH and I took apart the whole bed and couldn't find it. We re-checked the bed, looked around the floor, and under the bed. No luck, we couldn't find it anywhere. I was in a rush to get a class, so I had to abandon the search.
I emailed the OV watch people when I got to class to see what I should do and of course they're not in on the weekends. So when I got home, I looked all through the bed and room again, and I still couldn't find it. I read through all the FAQs, of course its not addressed. So I decided to sacrifice $33, and just put a new sensor in. I put on the watch around 4pm so I could get the 6 continuous hours of reading for Saturday since I hadn't gotten it in the 12am-6am time frame like normal. I guess I'll find out on Monday if putting in a new sensor will screw up the readings, from my understanding of how the watch works, i don't think it should.
Now here comes the ridiculousness on my part. After I put on my watch at 4pm, I realized I still had to take a shower for today. Of course I realized this after 6:00pm, which means I couldn't take it off b/c I wouldn't get the 6 continuous hours of readings for Saturday. What's a girl to do in such situations?!?! My solution: put your arm in a giant Ziploc bag, and rap your forearm in an ace bandage to make sure no water gets in. I mean seriously, if someone had seen me they would have thought I was completely nuts (luckily DH was out golfing). So there you have it, I've reached a new level of craziness when it comes to this baby making stuff.
Hope everyone is having as great weekend!
Abusive Relationship
9 years ago






4 comments:
Oh Lindsay you are TOO funny! Thanks for the laugh.. I really need it today. I also replied to your comments on my blog. I really hope your OV watch works and doesn't get all screwed up like mine.
Seriously, isnt it crazy the stuff we go through!??! The thought of you with your arm in a bag to take a shower is a riot, but Im glad you got it figured out :)
How funny. :) I would have caved and taken the watch off - Your determination rocks!
That's so funny!
I hope it works that you put in a new sensor. What cycle day were you on when you did that?
Post a Comment