So last Friday at 3DPO, I went out to lunch with my co-workers. When we returned to work, I started feeling really light headed and kinda out of it. I asked them if they were feeling OK assuming maybe it was food poisoning, and they all were OK. I came home that evening, and was exhausted all of the sudden, so I laid down to take a nap, which i never do. So what's a baby-crazed-woman to do? Assume the light-headiness and tiredness is a sign she's pregnant, right?!?! Ahhh, so annoying. Why does our mind do this to us?? I mean seriously, obviously I can't experience symptoms at 3DPO.
I was exhausted and feeling weird again Saturday. Sunday started the terrible heart burn, which has persisted until today. And of course there have been the odd twinges in my uterus. I swear, my body is playing a mean, mean trick on me. Now, I try to remind myself that reality is they are nothing, but there is that little piece of me that hopes they are. It's ridiculous I know. I hate myself for allowing this to happen to me.
In other related news, my best friend, the one who came to visit me over valentine's day, is pregnant. She told me a few weeks after she was in town, but I've been waiting to share the news until she went to her first U/S. She went on Friday and everything is right on track. The funny part is she actually conceived the weekend she was in town visiting, so at least I know someone can get pregnant in my house!!!
I love her and couldn't be happier for her and her DH. I'm super excited to be able to watch her on this amazing journey, but of course I'm a little jealous. I feel guilty for feeling jealous. I hate that I've become that jealous person. I know its natural and we all do it, but I hate that I feel it. I've been sending her tons of links that i've collected on over a year on GP. She loves them all, and I love being able to use all this info I've accumulated on being PG.
8DPO and counting.
Abusive Relationship
9 years ago






3 comments:
so funny about your friends and your place -- maybe she left some baby dust lying around? ;)
good luck as you wait out the 2ww and the phantom symptoms. try to keep a level head!
Gotta love the phantom symptoms, huh?
Congrats to your friend, but don't feel bad. It's totally, completely normal to feel jealous. You are taking it much better than I would, I'm sure. :)
I hope you get your very own BFP soon. GL!
I am hoping your phantom symptoms arent so phantom at all!
Post a Comment